Taking place at Grand Hyatt Taipei from April 17-19, the seminar will focus on future trends, programme management and meeting designs, finance and sponsorship, marketing and negotiation and client management among other topics. A draft schedule has been drawn up.
The Edge series targets all sectors of the meetings industry. Kuala Lumpur will host the next seminar in September.
The speaker lineup is as follows:
- Jan Tonkin, IAPCO president and founder and managing director of The Conference Company, a New Zealand-based Professional Conference Organiser.
- Mathias Posch, IAPCO vice president and CEO of International Conference Services Canada, a global PCO headquartered in Vancouver.
- Oscar Cerezales, chief operating officer of MCI Group Asia-Pacific.
Participants will receive a certificate of attendance and Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) points.
- Play Numbers Well (budget control, cashflow objectives, sponsorship)
- Achieve Desired Results (negotiation, client management, communication skills)
- The Future is Here (hybrid meetings, meeting technology, case studies)
- Spread Contents Effectively (social media, delegate boosting, marketing tools, case studies)
- Amaze Your Audience (programme details, meeting design
Main picture from left: Mathias Posch, Jan Tonkin, Oscar Cerezales.