ITB ASIA has unveiled its latest line-up of speakers as it prepares for the Singapore show.
The updated list released Wednesday features 53 leaders in the business events and travel industries including thought leaders from Google, American Express Meetings and Events and WeChat Travel.
“As the travel industry navigates itself towards recovery and growth, we gather some of the most influential leaders to share thought leadership on the short- and long-term changes in travel, together with the game-changing mindsets and practices that will be key to the sustainable success of the business,” said a spokesman for Messe Berlin (Singapore), organisers of the October 21-23 event at Marina Bay Sands.
Two other events run alongside ITB Asia: MICE Show Asia and Travel Tech Asia.
Among the speakers due to appear are
- Anita Mendiratta, special advisor to the UN World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO)’s secretary general;
- Hermione Joye (above), Google’s sector lead, travel and vertical search Asia Pacific;
- Axel Hefer, managing director and CEO, Trivago;
- Quek Choon Yang, chief technology officer, Singapore Tourism Board;
- James Thornton, CEO, Intrepid Group;
- Ken Kuguru, managing director, Asia Pacific, Egencia;
- Joanne Sully and Kaori Pereyra-Lago of American Express Meetings and Events;
- Guy Heywood, of Six Senses Hotels Resort Spas;
- Christian Westbeld, general manager of Raffles Hotel Singapore.