EXPERTS from Jack Morton, Pico+, internet giant Tencent and others will share insights on event technology and the ‘festivalisation’ trend when Hong Kong Exhibition & Conference Industry Association (HKECIA) gathers on June 6.
The association’s annual dinner is preceded by a conference at Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Centre where seven leading figures in the region’s business events industry will take part in presentations and panel discussions.
The topics arise from a survey the HKECIA carried out among members seeking to identify the issues they felt were the most important, namely:
- The increasing importance of technology in creating smart events, and
- Festivalisation of events – the changes required to create lively and engaging attendee experiences so that visiting a trade exhibition or convention becomes not only a necessity, but also an enjoyable experience that is looked forward to and recommended to peers.
Experts who have been invited for the conference, which starts at 3:45pm, June 6, are:
- Ian Chan, Senior Director, Business Development, International Business Group, Tencent
- Justin Choy, Managing Director and Lead Design Engineer, Creative Technology Hong Kong
- Michelle Cao, Founder and CEO, VPhoto
- Gu Xuebin, Chairman, IAEE Asia Council; Managing Partner, SINOPlus Advisory; Founder & CEO, WeMeet
- Sarah Williamson, Vice President & Creative Director, Jack Morton
- Gregory Crandall, Director of Brand Engagement, Pico+ Hong Kong
- Mark Cochrane, UFI Regional Manager, Asia Pacific.